Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Can Employer Require Medical Diagnosis According To HIPPA Laws, Does Your Employer Have The Right To Require A Medical Diagnosis On A Work Excuse?

According to HIPPA laws, does your employer have the right to require a medical diagnosis on a work excuse? - can employer require medical diagnosis

Usually not. Normally, your employer can not a document stating the time and duration of the agreement and whether you have been released for general tasks. If you make a claim exemption from labor rights to Mai from your employer requested a description of the reason or restriction. This is not necessarily a diagnosis. If you claim that an employee may request all relevant medical documents.

Note that every time their employer requires any type of health information that is subject to your employer, including HIPPA laws. Your employer must treat the information confidentially.

4 comments:

Larry T said...

No employer has no right to know not only that we do not even ask for.

The employer may require confirmation say a provider of health care, they would have on a particular day or instructions were seen in the work restrictions for medical reasons, but that's all.

chris B said...

although it may be the policy for an employer or an application in the school make an appointment with a doctor who does not ask about privileges when it comes to knowing a DX. HIPAA can be a pain at times and to your advantage to others. My former employer, if I am forced to have an excuse for my dr. Every time I do not to work. Immediately, said the use of my rights and the law: "It would be insurance fraud," If I have the flu, a virus, there is nothing I can do, and I want the whole world in your office. "or" What happens with a serious case of diahhrea can not work with him, but does not require the attendance of a physician. "I agreed to commit fraud on behalf of my employer and signed a document in which such. I've never been molested. LOL !!!!!!

kacsspoc... said...

Employee or even a school may require Gyn Note: If the disease. But the doctor is not allowed to reveal what was or what has been observed that if you do not approve it.

Jenn said...

I may be wrong ... but I think the answer is NO. Only information that your employer needs to know that they are "likely" or "no do" safely operate.

Post a Comment